You must be carefull! Don't letf your mobile phone in a car!
An incident of a mobile phone explosion inside a vehicle cabin was reported in Saudi Arabia not long time ago.
A cell phone with its power on was left inside the car compartment while the vehicle was parked in an open area. It was close to midday. Reportedly after an hour in the park, the mobile phone exploded.
CAUSED OF INCIDENT
Obviously the mobile phone’s battery is the only component as the legitimate source of stored energy. The solar heat obviously pressurized the car’s closed cabin. What triggers the explosion could be the overheated battery caused by extremely high temperature magnified by the
windshield (glass) and the sealed (unventilated) vehicle cabin.
Can you see the impact of the explosion to the front wind shield ?
Figure 3: Effects of the explosion
Figure 4: Remains of phone gadget
Figure 6: Car compartment damages and mobile phone units were destroyed beyond repair.